Monday, March 19, 2007

Old freaks, new geeks

This weekend I meet again two old friends from the debian planet. Zazu and Amaya come to our sweet home, that they liked a lot (we are very proud about decoration indeed). We talked about old and present time, saw a movie (a curious and not recommendable one), eaten Japanese food and taken some photographs with my new camera (I'm trying to do my best to understand how it works so I can shot wonderful pictures). Amaya pointed me out that camera was the one all the geeks have in the linux meetings. Great, I used to be a hacker, I though I was now a freak but the truth in seems I have came into a geek without pretending nor knowing it. I miss those days when we all were freaks ourselves and that was the cool thing to be. Of course nowadays nobody is plainly "cool" anymore, even more anybody is a freak now, one way or another.

Unfortunately, some other things doesn't change like my Debian inactivity Amaya also pointed me out. She told me I will lost my account unless some kind of activity on the project is shown on my part so I will try to do my best in the hope I won't disappoint her, I won't lost my account and the most important I will make some contributions to the community I say I support. She left me a bit worried about that, but also she motivated me.

You geeks join and conquer the world!. Oh, have we already done that?.

1 comment:

Amayita said...

Resistance is futile, you will be re-assimilated!