Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The beginning of a new diary

Two weeks ago I left the job I had been for the last year and eight months at IBM. I promised myself and the good friends I left behind I would start a blog to keep in contact with them. So that is this blog: the accomplishment of that promise.

As usual, every job change I have gone through is on the spirit of a new challenge. This time it will be a really big challenge as it is the first time I will be in charge of a group, more concretly, in charge of the systems group. And of course, the first decision was to do almost everything with free software. Even more, with Debian. Great!

I will really enjoy all the investigation stuff I will need to do, so my mind is truly awake thinking, learning, testing and documenting, of course. That and the ubication of the new office right in the centre of Madrid, a place I like so much which have a lot of significance for me and my fiancee as we had a lot of walking on our first dates here, makes easier not missing so much the IBM people this first entry is for.

Keep in contact!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"...nunca prometí que fuese a escribirlo en castellano..."

"...I would start a blog to keep in contact with them..."

Algo no cuadra... ¡Mientes, canalla!
¡Quieres fama! :-p