Friday, June 1, 2007

Gym day

Another 'first time' achieved.

A couple of days ago some people from my job registered at the gym in front of our office and thursday, after a tiring day at work, I decided to give it the first chance to change mental exhaustion with physical tiredness. I went alone without any of my partners. As it was my very first day at a Gym the monitor told me what to do. I thought it would be harder and I would feel worse on friday but I really feel great. I think this was what I was needing to overcame work stress and reactivate myself.

It was another example of how much human body is amazing. Much better than any mechanical machine which usually broke with use. In the other hand, muscles and human body in general (brain is another usually forgotten example) works better with training and activity (despite the weekend pain, of course). In fact, almost nobody hardly uses full of his potential (I will risk even half of his potential; and yes, that includes me).

But talking about Gym is remembering Pons. He is an ex-work-partner too much involved with diets, gyms, exercise, and the like. He gave us a lot of master classes on the matter during lunch (is there any better time to talk about it?). And now I'm acting a little like him: going to gym, taking turkey for breakfast. Will I be soon taking protein alse?. We will see, hop, hop.

No comments: