Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bye, Tahur

Tahur is no longer with us. He passed away this morning once the veterinarian who attended him a month ago considered he was really sick (old indeed), without any hope, and just suffering pain so the better for him was euthanasia. In prevision of that posibility we were dinning at my parents home yesterday night to at least be able to say him goodbye. Yesterday he seemed so sad I really believe he knew what was going to happen. At least, he finally have rest after a plenty life loving us and being loved in return.

Along with him, for me another door closes, another stage ends. It is not only I'm near my thirties, that he was with us through all my twenties or the fact I'm getting married on October. The truth is we hoped he would last at least for that day, to be part of that important date, and to be seen by my brother one more time on his next visit. None of that will occur. Just mourn and remembers are now held, and also some pictures I took just some months ago in case this day was nearer than we desired (but as it finally was). I'm happy we made them.

For me death is really another stage, the final one, of life. Time to remember, look backwards and enjoy all the situations passed with the deceased which I feel grateful, lucky and happy for. I don't usually look at future at that time looking for moments I know will never occur. At most I feel melancholy for the lost and thankful, so much thankful for the time he gave us.

Thanks Tahur, I miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.