Friday, March 9, 2007

Friendship

Maybe one of the learnings that shocked me the most was discovering friendship can end, just like love. I grew up thinking and hoping friendship was something which last forever, something you can always rely on. By that time I also thought everything was black or white, one or zero; a perfect binary world.

Probably, I studied computer science because I needed a closed system which I could understand and control. But life is far from that. And I learned that the day I realized a friendship could end even without knowing the reason. That day I left childhood to become an adult. That day my world turned into a colorful place for living with black and white, but also a lot of grays. A much more interesting place to live in.

Unfortunately, all that also open the door to feelings like lost and missing which are quite difficult to accept. A lot of people destroy their rememberings trying to bring them to life again just because they want to continue living from the past and not from the present time. They can't accept a relationship is finished. Obviously, it's hard and sad on that moment no matter in which side of the decision you are, but I think accepting it makes things easier.

Anyway, in any case, I'm grateful to all the people I ever meet as I really think all of them contributed to the way I am now, despite some of them are no longer part of my life, because, I learnt some friendships doesn't last forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Primero, no sé qué tienes contra el español. Es mucho más rico en expresiones que el inglés.

Segundo, no le pillo el sentido a algunas frases (¿serán porque están en inglés? :-p).

Tercero, esta entrada es como muy nostálgica... ¡que no decaiga el ánimo!

Amayita said...

And some friendships can be like the Guadiana river, they appear and dissapear... I am an expert, but I am back!